17 Feb Obama Administration Declares War On Families
February 17, 2009
Obama Administration Declares War On Families
The Obama Administration has declared war on parents and children. In the last few weeks, they have approved and voted for people or groups who would like to promote pornography, pedophilia, and destroy parental rights. They have appointed or voted for people or groups who want international law to usurp our own Constitution. Are you prepared to let the government tell you how to raise your children? Are you prepared to have pornographers and pedophiles have access to your children by enacting new laws or failing to uphold existing ones? Two seemingly unrelated events occurred recently which will have a significant impact on your parental rights.
The first one took place at the United Nations. There is a committee which screens organizations that are trying to gain access to the United Nations. Non-governmental organizations must submit an application and be approved by the group before they can lobby delegates on their issues. The group that was denied by the committee was a Brazilian homosexual rights groups who critics charge supports having sex with children. This group has been working for two years to gain official status with the UN. In the 6-8 decision, the member states supporting this radical group included the United States. If history repeats itself the committee’s decision to deny this group membership will be overturned by the larger body.
Then, last week, David J. Ogden sailed through confirmation hearings on his appointment as the second in command at the Justice Department. In this position, Mr. Ogden would be charged with upholding and defending the law. Mr. Ogden is a dangerous man to families. He has defended and supported the rights of pornographers, Planned Parenthood, and the use of international law to usurp our own constitution. He has worked to reduce parental rights, encourage abortion and promote homosexual rights. His efforts have included rejecting the idea that pornographers should keep documents verifying that their models are of legal consenting age. He did this by opposing a law that was designed to protect children from molestation and rape focused on “imposing a burden too heavily and infringe too deeply on the right to produce First Amendment protected material.”
He also filed a brief on behalf of a group of library directors who were opposed to the Children’s Internet Protection Act. Mr. Ogden called the Act, “unconstitutional”. In addition, Mr. Ogden submitted a brief in the Lawrence v. Texas case defending the use of international law as opposed to using our Constitution to determine what is constitutional.
And there you have the connection. The United Nations will probably allow a group to begin lobbying delegates with the intention of legalizing all homosexual rights. This may include pedophilia. The United States delegation – appointed by Obama – voted in favor of this group. And, in the United States, Obama has appointed a man who favors groups like this one and many others who are working to destroy the family.
United Families International will spend two weeks in New York during the important Commission on the Status of Women. We will be working against the agenda of the United States delegation, the European Union delegation and many others. But we will be working with many member states who believe as we do that families deserve to be protected. We will work with them to protect parent’s rights to raise their children. We will be working to defend the family – not destroy it. We will be working to protect your parental rights – not take them away. We cannot do it alone. We need your help. Please consider making a donation today to help us be able to do our job and protect your family.
United Families International
Obama Pick Runs Over the Family
President Barrack Obama is at it again. This time, instead of appointing someone who evades paying taxes, his nominee for Deputy Attorney General, David W. Ogden evades moral judgment.
Ogden, a former top aide to Attorney General Janet Reno from the Clinton era, has worked tirelessly to undermine the heart and soul of the family. Ogden has litigated on behalf of anti-life powerhouse Planned Parenthood and top pornography giants, Penthouse and Playboy; supporting the exploitation of women and children in the process. With his inherent anti-family background, it is imperative that we try to stop the Obama nomination train from coming down the track.
Deputy Attorney General Influences Laws and Policy
Taken directly from the U.S. Department of Justice’s website, the Deputy Attorney General holds a vast amount of power and authority:
“The Deputy Attorney General advises and assists the Attorney General in formulating and implementing Departmental policies and programs and in providing overall supervision and direction to all organizational units of the Department. The Deputy Attorney General is authorized to exercise all the power and authority of the Attorney General, except where such power or authority is prohibited by law from delegation or has been delegated to another official. In the absence of the Attorney General, the Deputy Attorney General acts as the Attorney General.”
Being nominated to the position of second command of the Department of Justice means David W. Ogden will not only control the day-to-day operations of the agency, his influence will be felt in policy and rulemaking throughout the agency.
Through review of Ogden’s own written legal briefs, it is clear he has an agenda that opposes parental rights, favors abortion on demand, homosexual rights, and supports the pornography industry over children. Ogden also uses international law to override U.S. policies and believes strongly in a “compassionate and living” interpretation of
the U.S. constitution.
Ogden’s History of Anti-family Briefs
- Ogden co-authored a legal brief for the American Psychological Association arguing that parental notification was unconstitutional and limited the rights of 14-year old minors seeking an abortion.
- Ogden wrote the brief for Planned Parenthood on behalf of the American Psychological Association contesting a woman’s right to know policy including the negative effects of abortion and a 24-hour waiting period. His arguments included statements that women who receive abortions have “minimal” emotional and psychological effects and that “potential psychological consequences may result from bearing a raising a child…”
- Association, the American Psychiatric Association and the National Association of Social Workers in the landmark Lawrence v. Texas lawsuit in where he declared that “homosexuality is a normal form of human sexuality” and defended “safe sex” education that teaches grade school children about anal and oral sex in the Bowers v. Hartwick case.
- Ogden was council for 15 library directors that opposed the Children’s Internet Protection Act of 2000. He adamantly contended that Congress was subverting the role of librarians by limiting access to all “information”. Further he represented Playboy Enterprises several times over the years always in favor of access to pornography as a constitutional right.
- International Law Over U.S. Law
- Ogden assails the juvenile death penalty law in the Simmons brief using international treaty language pulled directly from the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, an international treaty snubbed by the United States Congress, stating that the international community does not support the death penalty for juveniles.
What You Can Do to Stop This Appointment
Call the U.S. Senate today at 202-224-3121.
- Let the Senators know that approving a nominee who holds so little regard for families, life, and the well-being of children is in direct conflict to what our nation stands for.
- Ask them not to approve a supporter of the pornography industry.
- Tell them that under David Ogden’s leadership, our nation’s sovereignty is in jeopardy.
- Tell the good Senators to do the right thing and stand for families by voting against David Ogden for U.S. Deputy Attorney General.
United Families Needs You!
More than 95 percent of UFI’s funding comes from individuals like you. Please consider becoming a regular donor and help us fight the many battles with which families are confronted. Your financial support goes directly to defending marriage and the family for our children’s future. UFI uses donations wisely in promoting the values we all share. Thank you for your generous support.
United Families International is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and contributions by U.S. citizens are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. You can easily and securely make a contribution online or print out a form to mail in a contribution.