23 Feb Change in Leadership at Arizona Chapter of UFI
Lina Hatch, the now former Director of United Families Arizona, introduces new State Director, Tricia Groe:
As former director of United Families Arizona, I am excited to announce a recent change in leadership. Tricia Groe, a former member of the Arizona House of Representatives from Legislative District 3, is our new Arizona director!
Trish has the experience and ability to take UFAZ to greater heights. She knows legislation, she is masterful with technology, and her enthusiastic and positive support has blessed United Families Arizona from the first time she joined our team. I am pleased that Trish has accepted this position. I have full confidence in her and the future of UFAZ.
United Families Arizona successes
Successes of United Families Arizona this past year include:
- In June, UFAZ sponsored E11even family concert. Nine children and two parents of the Kofoed family from Idaho presented a musical program promoting family, marriage, motherhood, fatherhood, faith, love and self worth.
- UFAZ was a member organization of the YES for Marriage coalition that successfully passed Proposition 102, marriage between one man and one woman, on November 4, 2008.
- UFAZ participated in numerous booth sponsorships at events around the state, including Arizona Families for Home Education Convention, Arizona Right to Life Conference, Yavapai County Fair, and Constitution Fairs in Gilbert and Mesa.
- In January 2009, UFAZ sponsored “Celebrate Life – Roe v Wade 36 Years Later”, a community outreach program with speaker Shane Wikfors.
- In January we also hosted “Lunch With Our Legislators” at the Capitol in conjunction with AZRTL, volunteering our support to our legislators in pro-family issues.
- Last week UFAZ hosted “Standing for Families – 30 Years of Securing Our Future”, a very successful fundraising event at Fiesta Inn Resort. Richard and Linda Eyre were our guest presenters and the YES for Marriage coalition leaders were honored.
I pledge my continued support and urge your support of UFAZ! With our continued participation we will keep a watchful eye on proposed public policy that impacts families throughout the state…including yours!
To all of you, our friends of Arizona families, I express sincere appreciation for your supportive efforts in behalf of United Families Arizona and for me as director. It has been my privilege and great blessing to rub shoulders with and learn from many of you.
I realize there are great challenges ahead and therefore, I call upon each of us to continue to focus our efforts in defense of Arizona families.
Sincere Warm Regards,