31 Mar United Families Comes to Minnesota
United Families Minnesota is the state affiliate of United Families International. As a non-profit, non denominational organization, we invite all citizens of the state to unite with us as we work to defend and promote marriage and the family in Minnesota. As a chapter of United Families International we also support UFI’s many national and international activities to preserve marriage and the family around the world.
United Families Minnesota is creating a grassroots voice to defend the family throughout the state. To learn how YOU can help protect the family visit our new website at: www.unitedfamiliesmn.org. You will find blogs, poll questions and many resources that make YOUR involvement in winning the cultural war against families easy and informative!
We invite you to participate with United Families Minnesota in:
- Defending the family,
- Educating the public, and
- Equipping policy makers with research, facts and logical arguments in favor of the family and the unborn.
If you are interested in learning how to take an active role in protecting families in your community, please contact, Lynn Park, Director UFI Minnesota, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please forward this to your friends and family members. We believe that through a grassroots movement, we can secure a safe future for families in Minnesota.
What’s Ahead for 2009?
We at UFMN pledge to develop the pro-family momentum in 2009 by standing up and being counted as those who champion the family. Our 2009 goals include:
- Upholding the five respects of United Families: family, marriage, life, parental rights and sovereignty.
- Sending regular, timely UFMN correspondence to our Minnesota readership.
- Increasing our associations statewide.
- Sponsoring community-based educational programs throughout the state.
- Promoting family policy through the state legislative process, in our communities and in our public schools.
In order to more effectively serve you, our www.unitedfamiliesmn.org is up and running! We want to be a resource for Minnesotans in education, community involvement and state legislation. There is no better time to be involved and there are many ways to contribute.
1. Make a financial donation. United Families Minnesota is an entirely volunteer organization. No officers or board members are paid for their time and effort – we simply love the work of defending the family! But, defending the family does take financial means. While we stretch every dollar that comes to us, we’d love to reach more Minnesotans through our grassroots efforts. Your financial contribution keeps the work moving forward (and as a bonus, is 100% tax-deductible).
2. Volunteer with us. Do you have an interest in pro-family legislation? Would you like to be a liaison from UFMN to your local school district or attend a committee at the capital? Are you already keeping a watchful eye on your community but would like more support? We’d love to hear from you! email@example.com
3. Be educated by adding UFMN to your list of frequently visited websites, by reading our emails (like this one!), and by attending our educational events. Education is key to recognizing those issues in our community that require our attention. When we are aware of these needs we are often motivated with a desire to get involved. Your efforts can make a huge difference.
We appreciate all that you have done to promote the family in Minnesota. While much has been done, the work has just begun. You are an essential part of victory for the Minnesota family.
Very soon you will receive a legislative update of bills and issues that need your immediate attention. Please look for it and send it to all you friends and family.
We look forward to 2009 and the challenges and opportunities that will come our way as we stand for the family and the essential values that will build a successful state. Won’t you stand with us? Our children need us to support this great work.
State Director of Minnesota