CRC wants to take away parental rights and US wishes to join them! Stand for your rights – Take ACTION NOW

CRC wants to take away parental rights and US wishes to join them! Stand for your rights – Take ACTION NOW

This letter from HSLDA addresses parental rights on the verge of being taken away.  Please read carefully and TAKE ACTION NOW!

Call Now to Stop
UN Children’s Treaty

Monday in a Harlem middle school, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice told a group of 120 students that administration officials are actively discussing “when and how it might be possible to join” (that is, ratify) the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC). As before, she also communicated what a disgrace it is that the U.S. would stand with only Somalia against such a widely accepted treaty.

This is the first direct public statement by the Obama administration that it will seek ratification of the UN CRC.

In my 30 years of political involvement, I have learned to recognize this as what is called a “trial balloon.” Like in World War I trench warfare, our opponents have “sent up a balloon” to see if it will draw fire. If things remain quiet, they will proceed with their plans to push for ratification of the CRC in the U.S. Senate. To discourage them from doing so, we need to make sure that our voices are heard with unmistakable clarity. We must let the Obama administration know that we oppose this anti-family, anti-American treaty.

Here’s what we need you all to do:

1. Call the White House comments line at 202-456-1111. Tell them you heard the administration wants to ratify the CRC, and you strongly oppose this giving away of U.S. sovereignty to the UN. Also, keep in mind that this treaty gives the government jurisdiction to override any decision made by any parent if the government thinks that a better decision can be made—even if there is no proof of any harm.

2. Call the Ambassador Susan Rice’s office at the United Nations. Tell her that you want her to represent the United States to the world rather than trying to get the United States to go along with international law initiated by the UN. Her office number is 212-415-4000.

3. Contact your senators and urge them to oppose ratification of this treaty. (Find your senators’ contact information by using HSLDA’s Legislative Toolbox.) Ask them also to defeat it once and for all by cosponsoring SJRes 16—the Parental Rights Amendment.

It is very important that we speak up right now. Please call before you close this page!

  • Scott Somerville
    Posted at 13:44h, 25 June Reply

    I’m a constitutional lawyer who has spent many years defending parental rights. It is HARD to get even a conservative judge to uphold parental rights without having it written down in black and white. I’m honored to stand with you for family freedom!

  • UNCRC—Uncle Sam in the Nursery? « Beetle Blogger
    Posted at 16:36h, 30 June Reply

    […] Note: the aforementioned list has been adapted by one recently compiled by Michael P. Farris, Chairman of … […]

Post A Comment

10 + 5 =