17 Dec United Families Arizona Claims Success in 2008, Makes Big Plans for ’09
Successes of 2008:
Our greatest victory this year has been the passage of Proposition 102 that defines marriage as between one man and one woman! It simply would not have passed without you. There was an undeniable commitment to stand up for traditional family values and to protect the future of our great state.
Not only was the passage of Prop 102 a great success, Arizona has something else to celebrate. Going against national trends, Arizona voters elected a majority of conservative, pro-family candidates to both the State House and Senate. Elections always have consequences and with your vote, we can be hopeful that our Arizona legislature will be protecting and defending the family.
Plans for 2009:
We at UFAZ pledge to continue the pro-family momentum in 2009 by continuing to stand and be counted as those who champion the family. Our 2009 goals include:
– Upholding the five respects of United Families: family, marriage, life, parental rights and sovereignty.
– Sending regular, timely UFAZ correspondence to our Arizona readership.
– Increasing our associations statewide.
– Sponsoring community-based educational programs throughout the state.
– Promoting family policy through the state legislative process, in our communities and in our public schools.