19 May THE FAMILY VOICE SPEAKS AT WORLD CONGRESS – AND YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND!
In less than two months, United Families International and many of our international colleagues will gather to form pro-family strategy during the World Congress of Families V (WCF V) in Amsterdam, Holland in the Netherlands – August 10-12.
The World Congress of Families (WCF) was founded in 1997 by Dr. Allan C. Carlson There have been four Congresses to date – WCF I (Prague, 1997), WCF II (Geneva, 1999), WCF III (Mexico City, 2004) and WCF IV (Warsaw, 2007).
The theme of this year’s Congress is “Modern Families – Traditional Values.” No doubt the theme reflects the current and mostly heated debate on marriage and family that is occurring in state legislatures and courts in America, and around the world. World Congress of Families has set the tone this year to address this most important discussion that will address what the family will look like today and tomorrow.
“Marriage, the cornerstone of healthy family life, brings security, contentment, meaning, joy and spiritual maturity
to the man and woman who enter this lifelong covenant with unselfish commitment.”
Excerpt from The Mexico City Declaration
Carol Soelberg, acting president of UFI will have an opportunity to participate in a panel discussion on Education and the Family . We will come away from WCF V with new strategies, energy and commitment to secure a future for the family that will allow us to keep you in the forefront of the issues.
Along with the focus and direction we gain from the Congress, we need financial support to maintain our place in the public square of family policy debate. We have made solid contributions around the globe and we will continue to do so — as long as we have the funding to do so.
Will you please help us with a donation of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, or EVEN $1000 Today? Or, if you decide to attend WCF V, use www.travelUFI.com to make your travel arrangements, and a donation from PYC Ventures, LLC will be given directly to United Families International. Click HERE for more information.
Any contribution we receive from you will enable us to do the following:
- Fight to keep the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) in place – as any change or repeal would severely undermine the efforts to preserve man/woman marriage.
- Promote marriage initiatives at the state level through our state chapter efforts.
- Demonstrate why marriage between one man and one woman serves the greatest benefits for society: A loving and compassionate society never creates motherless and fatherless families, but it does come to their aid.
- Raise awareness about the adverse impact that same-sex “marriage” has where it is legal including the fact that marriage between heterosexuals is in decline, religious liberty is in jeopardy and parental rights are at risk.
- Demonstrate the suffering that abortion causes families: Post-abortive women run risks for numerous physical and psychological complications. . For additional information, see the UFI publication, “Guide to Family Issues: Abortion.”
- Continue to produce and update our “United Nations Negotiating Guide“. This Guide is viewed as the “Bible” of pro-family language in negotiating United Nations documents.
Consider being part of the family movement by joining us at the World Congress of Families as we work with like-minded organizations, including the Family Research Council; the Howard Center for Family, Religion & Society; American Family Association; Heritage Foundation; Real Women of Canada; Human Life International; and others.
This will prove to be an opportunity of a lifetime.
The latest information on WCF V is at www.worldcongress.org and www.worldcongress.nl (site in English and Dutch). Or go to our website and read more about the World Congress of Families IV, taking place August 10-12.
We will be there to speak for the family, along with thousands of pro-family activists from dozens of nations who are concerned about the militant, anti-family ethos prevalent in the post-modern West.
Together, with your support, we will make a difference in the future of the family.